Additional Layer of Protection
High insurance deductibles, often required in wind-prone areas, can add financial exposure to unprepared property owners and construction companies. Wind Deductible Buy Back Coverage provides an additional layer of protection in areas where requirements for insurance deductibles have significantly increased.
Safehold Special Risk’s Wind Deductible Buy Back coverage can be written on both commercial and residential properties during construction. Typical policy terms are 12 months for commercial property and up to 36 months for builders’ risk. Wind Deductible Buy Back Coverage can be written with or without an annual aggregate limit and can be written for wind in general or named windstorms only. Safehold works directly with Lloyd’s of London on these coverages.
All Constructions types, excluding exterior insulation finishing system (EIFS)
- Joisted masonry
- Non-combustible (ISO class 3) — 10 or more miles from the coastline
- Masonry non-combustible
- Modified fire-resistive
- Frame (restrictions apply)
- Commercial property - 12 months
- Builder's risk - 36 months
Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida (excluding Monroe County), Georgia,
Hawaii, Louisiana, Massachusetts (excluding Nantucket and Duke Counties),
Maryland, Maine, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, and Virginia. Also, inland states: Arkansas, Kansas, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, and Ohio.
- Total Insured Value (TIV) less than $2.5 million: 1% subject to a minimum of $10,000
- TIV more than $2.5 million up to $5 million: minimum of $25,000
- TIV more than $5 million up to $10 million: minimum of $50,000
- TIV more than $10 million: minimum of $100,000
- Florida: The lesser of $100,000 or 1% subject to a minimum of $50,000
- $1.25 million maximum limit per occurrence ($1 million in Florida, $250,000 for inland states)
- Maximum TIV of $100 million ($50 million in Florida)
- $1,000,000 per Occurrence
Maximum insured value (TIV)
- $50,000,000 any one location