Flexible Property Coverage
Builders face significant risks from fire, weather-related damage, equipment breakdown, theft, and other construction exposures. The financial resources invested in residential, commercial, hospitality, and institutional projects can easily top millions. The Safehold Builder’s Risk Program is designed to help builders protect against financial losses due to industry risks. Whether you’re building single-family residential houses or multimillion-dollar office buildings, this program covers property damage that occurs from ground-breaking through certificate of occupancy. We create risk management programs that meet the unique needs of the construction industry.
- Wind Deductible Buy Back - Available for both residential and commercial properties during construction
- Comprehensive American Association of Insurance Services (AAIS) coverage forms
- Offered on a ground-up (100% written) - primary, excess, and quota share basis
- Rehabilitation/renovation projects involving non-structural/minor structural work
- Delay in completion coverage available for soft costs and rental and business income
- Project-specific coverages, reporting forms, and installation floater coverages
As an industry leader, Safehold provides coverage for highly complex property risks and large-scale projects, including those requiring multiple carriers and layered coverage. Our program offers low minimum premiums, flexible policy periods of three to 36 months, and highly competitive pricing. Our systems allow our teams to quote, bind, and issue a policy quickly and accurately and our service team provides fast, efficient claims handling. When working with Safehold you receive personalized service from knowledgeable professionals with decades of insurance expertise in the construction industry.
- Residential (1-4 family dwelling), including home builders reporting forms
- Apartments, condominiums, group homes, and assisted living facilities
- Commercial (offices, mercantile, and retail)
- Hospitality (hotels and motels)
- Institutional (schools, hospitals, municipal, and correctional facilities)
- Wind, earthquake, and flood
- Installation floater
- Installed equipment
- Permanent fencing and foundations
- Debris removal
- Fire department services
- Trees, shrubs, and plants
- Pollution cleanup
- Temporary storage
- Up to $110,000,000 per risk (non-CAT) for project-specific risks – varies, based on construction type and occupancy class
- Up to $1,000,000 per dwelling/$10,000,000 per occurrence for reporting forms
$500 Minimum - varies, based on total insured value (TIV) and occupancy class
Ready to Get Started?
Contact us to explore how Safehold can tailor a comprehensive package to meet your specialized insurance needs.