Wide Range of Insurance Options
The logging and lumber industries have many inherent risks, ranging from loss of specialized equipment to damaged inventory to life threatening accidents. The use of dangerous machinery and rough topography often creates hazardous work conditions. The Safehold Forestry Program provides risk management solutions that evaluates and properly accounts for these unique risks.
As a managing general underwriter, we have more than two decades of experience designing custom risk management programs for many phases of forestry operations – from lumber harvesting to mill production to retail sales. By proactively addressing the common challenges facing the industry, clients can protect their employees, products, and assets.
The Safehold Forestry Program has a team of in-house insurance experts who manage the underwriting and claims process, specifically for the forestry program. With this unique structure, we are able to anticipate the types of challenges forestry clients face and proactively tailor a program that addresses their needs.
- Logging operations
- Log and lumber transportation operations
- Mills and manufacturers
- Pallet and fence content manufacturers
- Pole yards
- Miscellaneous wood product operators
- Wholesale lumber sales companies
- Hardwood flooring manufacturers
- Building material dealers
- Wood component manufacturers
- Property and casualty
- General liability
- Commercial auto liability, including hired and non-owned
- Auto physical damage
- Incidental building and personal property
- Loading and unloading
- Timber trespassing
- Property damage for non-owned timberland
- Fire suppression expense
- Forestry equipment
- Business interruption
- Equipment Breakdown
In addition, we offer optional endorsements to extend your coverage for property and general liability.